If you’re anything like us at ProVen, you’ll be looking for healthy bacteria-rich alternatives to alcoholic drinks to enjoy over the festive season?
Many people immediately think of kombucha – a fizzy, fermented tea – when considering healthy alternative non-alcoholic drinks, but have you heard of tepache?
Tepache is a delicious Mexican favourite that the whole family can drink. It is sweet, sour and effervescent and, as it is fermented, it is rich in friendly bacteria to help support the gut.
Try our recipe today…
½ pineapple cut into chunks
½ cup brown sugar
4 cups of water
2 whole cloves
Cinnamon or ginger powder
2 litre jar for fermenting
- Cut the pineapple into chunks
- Mix the brown sugar and water together until the sugar dissolves
- Add the pineapple chunks, sugar water and cloves to a large glass jar
- Cover with a cotton cloth or towel and let sit in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight for three days
- Tepache will become cloudy in 2-3 days and white foam will form on the surface
- Scoop off the white foam and discard it
- Serve the Pineapple Tepache over ice and sprinkle cinnamon or ginger to taste
Would you like to know more about healthy bacteria-rich alternatives to alcohol?
Please click on the related links below:
Healthy alternatives to alcohol that you can enjoy – Thomson and Scott
Want to know more?
Pro-Ven Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth ProVen research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107