Want some healthy snack ideas?
For whenever the kids (or you!) are hungry and need to grab something quickly, here are a few of our gut-friendly and healthy snack ideas for those after-school hunger monsters.
Always try and include some protein as this will fill you and your children up more and help you to feel full for longer.
- Boiled egg and cherry tomatoes
- A chunk of cheddar (or other hard) cheese and apple or grapes with walnuts
- Cream cheese on oatcakes with cucumber or tomato slices
- Peanut (or other nuts) butter spread on apple slices
- Hummus with pitta bread and chopped vegetables (cucumber, carrots, peppers)
- Ham slices filled with cream cheese and cucumber
- Deli chicken slices/strips with avocado
- Falafel with guacamole
- Banana and peanut butter on rye crackers
- Greek yoghurt and berries
- Plain or salty popcorn with cherry tomatoes
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews), seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, flax) and dried fruit (apricots, prunes (unstoned), raisins, sultanas)
- Baby mozzarella, olives and cherry tomatoes on cocktail sticks
- Celery with nut/seed butter or cream cheese and raisins
- Melon balls/slices wrapped in parma ham/prosciutto
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese with avocado on toast or crackers
- Feta chunk, olive, cherry tomato and cucumber chunk on a skewer
Want to know more?
Pro-Ven Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health, please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth proven research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107