Vegan buckwheat pancakes recipe
For #worldveganday, we wanted to share this easy vegan breakfast pancake recipe.
As well as being vegan, the pancakes are also gluten and dairy-free – buckwheat is a gluten-free grain. The ground flaxseed adds extra fibre, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
The recipe makes around 10 pancakes.
200g buckwheat flour
¾ tbsp ground flaxseed (linseed)
400ml coconut milk
1 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp ground cinnamon
Extra coconut oil for cooking
Plus fillings – banana, blueberries, melted vegan chocolate, nut butter, stewed fruit (apples, berries)
1. Place buckwheat flour, ground flaxseed, coconut milk, coconut oil and cinnamon in a blender or mixing bowl.
2. Whisk to a thin (not watery) batter.
3. Place frying pan over medium heat, add a little oil to the pan and spread around the pan (I use a silicone brush to do this).
4. When the oil is hot, add a ladle of batter to the pan and cook until bubbles appear and it starts to lift at the edges.
5. Flip and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
6. Cook all 10 pancakes and serve with a selection of toppings.
Want to know more?
Pro-Ven Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health and staying healthy please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth proven research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107